Welcome ! A bit of background.

I drew my first shark coming back from a scuba diving cruise in Sudan in April 2016 where I got to dive with 100 hammerheads (sphyrna zygaena), see black tips (carcharhinus melanopterus) up close and even spot a tiny white tip reef shark (triaenodon obesus) during a night dive.
I grew more and more attracted to these beautiful creatures, reading books about them, looking at photographies. It was only the next year that I drew a second shark, this time a thresher shark or requin renard as it is called in french - fox shark (Alopias pelagicus).

A few days ago I was asked to draw a shark for a potential tatoo. As I am in no way a drawing nor a shark expert, my confidence isn't at it's highest but I find the project so exciting that I want to draw at least a shark a day for a while so I can train and eventually present a sort of catalog.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts